★Meow

& i'm going to enjoy every moments (:

Saturday, March 20, 2010

DAY 17 20032010- Three Gorges !

Woke up at 6am and get prepared by 7am for breakfast. The breakfast on cruise does not look appealing at all. Ate a bun which is cold and tasteless, an egg and a piece of pancake. Did not try the soya bean as it look super diluted :/

After breakfast, getting ready and took some pictures before alighting.

After alighting at the Yang Tze dock, we walk a distance and took a bus to our first destination, Guan Yin Ge.

In the temple, we went into a little room and there is a monk inside with the god’s altar and status. We were asked to kneel down and close our eyes, praying what we want. Of course I hope that my family will always be healthy and happy :D After which, he asked us to stand up, one by one and pick some others and had a talk with them. My friend said that the monk know what others may not know. Divine t cannot be reveal. I also heard from my friend that, the earliest you were asked to stand up, the better it is. I do not know what exactly the monk was implying; I was just following instruction and respecting them.

After which, we walk further in. We walk pass a bridge which gave me a very ancient feel. I saw some flags of the San Guo dynasty :D

Took a picture with the surname of my favorite character, 劉!

Next, we proceed to白帝. I have not climbed this much of stairs in my entire life! I always thought that the Batu Cave, which is in Malaysia, is already the worse place I ever spend, climbing the stairs. But I endure till the very last moment. There is also ‘Qiao zi’ which is also known as a sedan in Chinese. I think they are immune to it already, cause from what I see, they does not seems tired at all!

The sedan.

FINALLY reached! I think we have climbed around 500 steps continuously! We took a group photo before entering the Baidi miao.

03! :D

Took pictures and having the tour guide explaining to us about the history as well as the status and infrastructure everywhere we go. Saw my favorite character from K.O. San Guo, a Taiwan Drama. LIU BEI!
In the drama I watched, I know a lot of characters, like Liu Bei, Guan Yu, ZhuGe Liang and more. So, not all dramas are bad! :D

This shows that they are environment-friendly :D



A last jump shot before boarding the cruise again.

The guys bought some snacks before leaving. Fried fishes, shrimps and crabs while we girls bought apples!


ack time at the top of the cruise as we are suppose to view some scenery later on. Eat and played the usual game, Zhong Ji Mi Ma! We played the game with some of the students from ECE. They are friendly and funny!

Took some pictures after that.


We had lunch at around 1pm. Lunch is also not as appealing too. I ate a little since before that we had some snacks. We then went to the guys’ room. They watched movies and I was sleeping :/ They also went up and took some photos of the scenery.

Some of the picture they took without me. Not member!

We went aboard again. We then took another small ship to the three gorges.

These are some of the pictures taken during the trip.

Our tour guide for the day. She is pretty sweet with a nice vocal :D She mention to us that at her hometown, people who does not have a good vocal, tend to be hard for them to find their another half. She also mention about some of their rituals.

The boatmen are trying their best to row the boat. Most of them are the sole-bread winner of their family. Money hard to earn!

This man is old enough to be my grandfather. He is 74 years old, but his mindset and the energy in him makes him look like he is 47 years old. As strong as a bull!

Left the place and proceed back to the cruise. We had dinner at around 6pm. The dinner looks and tastes much better than the breakfast and lunch. We brought our spoons along as it is our habit to use them during our meals.

Once again, we went up to the top of the cruise again as the tour guide told us that around 10pm, we will need to come up and see the Dam thing, right Miss Neo? :D Took some photos while eating!

Finally saw the dam!

The opening of the gate took a very long time. So we went down and cook our instant cup noodles! We went up and down, up and down, like funfair! Ha-Ha!

The tour guide, Candy, told us that the estimated duration of going through one gate is at least 30-40minutes or more. So we decide not to stay up and wait.

We played some childhood game while waiting for the opening of the first gate. PEPSI-COLA! We took up the entire space and played like nobody business! Fun!

We gambled at the guy’s room, without Fathullah and Charmaine cause they were sleeping. We played Black Jack and I lose around 20 RMB! ): We later then sleep at 3am cause some of them are very tired.

In all, after visiting the Guan Yin Ge, I feel that the people here look upon their religious more important than what Singaporean do. Perhaps it is because most of the traditional Chinese religion originated from China and they know more about the rituals and stuffs. I also learn about the history of China like in BaiDi Cheng, the three kingdoms, and the main characters involved. I feel that the places that we went today resemble the Har Par Villa in Singapore, having all the status and description by the sides. Afterall, i enjoy myself throughout the whole trip! Well-planned ! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment